Happy birthday Chinese Lanterns hand coloured stamps C6 card for Day 147 of my 365 day challenge

Happy birthday Chinese Lanterns hand coloured stamps C6 card for Day 147 of my 365 day challenge

Hi Craft addicts!

I hope you are all having a great Bank Holiday (if it is where you are!) - I have made this bright and cheerful Birthday card for day 147 of my 365 day challenge!


How I made this card:-

  • I used a C6 white linen effect card and marked two lines at the top and bottom of it in pencil and then used some masking tape to protect the centre of the card and coloured the border using Cosmic Shimmer Clear Day and Indigo Mist Colour blending inks. They do lay really well but must admit they don't blend well with each other as they are too wet (but I might be doing it wrong of course!)
  • I put that aside to dry and cut a strip of white stamping card which was slightly narrower than the centre part of the card and shorter than the length!
  • I stamped the string using Tuxedo Black Memento ink at the top of the panel and then the various Chinese Lanterns from the Lovely Lanterns set from For The Love of Stamps) using the same ink, trying to make them equi-distant.  I then added some string using a black Fineliner pen.
  • I coloured the lanterns in using various Chameleon pencils - pink, orange, yellow, blue, red and green trying to give them some shading!
  • Once I was happy with them, I used the remaining blending ink that was on one of the sponges to colour around them.
  • I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment (from a sentiment collection from For The Love of Stamps again) in the bottom right hand corner using Clear Glass ink from Rare Earth, added some Seafoam White embossing powder and heat set it.
  • I then added some darker lines using a black alcohol marker to accentuate the borders and added the panel using foam tape.


And there you are a bright and cheerful fun card that are easy to make and would be great to give!

Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here

Products and items you may need to make this project
  • C6 white linen effect card with Envelope
  • Lovely Lanterns For The Love of Stamps set from Hunkydory
  • Essential sentiments collection from For The Love of Stamps by Hunkydory
  • White Stamping (or Super Smooth) card (from Craftwork Cards, Hunkydory or Creative Crafting World)
  • Indigo Mist and Clear Day Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending inks
  • Chameleon pencils
  • Black alcohol marker
  • Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
  • Versamagic ink pad
  • Seafoam White embossing powder
  • Tape pen
  • Wet Glue - Colall or Stamps by Me
  • Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-

Follow me on Twitter  follow me on twitter  Like me on Facebook follow me on facebook   Follow me on follow me on google plus                     Like me on Pinterest follow me on pinterest    Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) follow me on youtube  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate! Vintage gent's tashes on C6 white card - Day 158 of my 365 day challenge

Christmas 2021 - Brrr.... 365 day challenge

Do small things with great love... vibrant flowers 7x5in card - 365 day challenge